Doors will open at 3.30pm and last entry will be at 8.00pm. Department exhibits will start to close at about 8.20pm.
In the interests of the environment, we do not produce a printed prospectus. This website contains all of the information and content you would expect to find in a prospectus and much more besides. Please explore this web site starting under the About Wilson's menu. A flavour of how busy and varied the life of the school is may be seen in the weekly Wilson's Update for parents, which can also be found on this website.
What to expect during your visit.
A typical visit will take about an hour and a half. During the course of the Open Evening you will have the opportunity to:
- Look around the school – you can choose to do this by taking a Guided Tour with current students or by taking a Self Guided Tour using the map that will be provided to you as you enter the school.
- Meet members of staff and pupils – there will be members of staff and pupils available to talk to you in each department.
- See examples of pupils’ work.
- Listen to the Head’s talk (about 30 minutes long).
- Enjoy refreshments from the school café.
- You will need to have a ticket (one per person) to gain entry to the Head’s talks. This is because for safety reasons there is a limit on the number of people that can be seated. In order maximise the number of tickets available we would be grateful if babies and toddlers could sit on laps.
- You will be offered tickets to the next available Head’s talk as you enter the school. Please understand that if all the tickets for the talks have been allocated, you will not be able to hear the Head’s talk.
- The first few talks tend to be the quietest, so if possible arrive earlier rather than later.
- We would advise using public transport if at all possible. Further details of the public transport links to the school can be viewed here.
- There will be a limited amount of car parking available on the school site. The entry to this car parking will be via gates on Mollison Drive and the exit will be on to Hannibal Way at the back of the school site. Pupils who are members of the Combined Cadet Force will manage and direct the car parking. Please follow all directions you are given.