- To provide opportunity for High Participation and High Performance in PE, Games and Sport.
- For all pupils to continue with a lifelong participation in Sport and Exercise.
Photo: Jack Elliott (Old Wilsonian), professional footballer for Philadelphia Union in the MLS
Mr Kimmins (Head of PE/Head of Rugby)
- Mr Kimmins is our Head of PE and Rugby who gained his PE teaching degree from Exeter University. He is a RFU Level 2 coach and also holds Level 1 qualification from the FA, ECB and England Basketball. Mr Kimmins is also a coach on the Surrey Development Player Pathway U15, as well as backs coach for London Cornish RFC.
As a player he represented England Colleges Rugby at U18, Somerset throughout all age groups, and Exeter University RFC. Mr Kimmins is currently 1st XV captain at London Cornish in the London 1 South Division.
Mr Ford (Head of Games/Head of Athletics)
- Mr Ford is our Head of Games and Athletics who gained his PE teaching degree from Oxford Brookes. He is a Level 2 RFU coach, and also holds coaching qualifications in Rowing, Athletics and Weight Lifting. As a Rugby player he won the County Championship in consecutive years for Surrey and Epsom RFC. As a rower, Mr Ford was a British Universities Champion, represented Great Britain at U’23 Level, and has competed five times at Henley Royal Regatta.
Mr Wells (Head of Football)
- Mr Wells is our Head of Football. In this role he coaches the 1st XI and various junior teams. Mr Wells was previously Head of Football at Swansea University where he led the 1st XI to three British Finals in four years. His other coaching roles include the Welsh Boys U16’s National Side and Garw FC in the Welsh League. His playing career led him to gaining international honours at youth level and also captaining the Welsh University squad.
Mr Bullen (Head of Cricket)
- Mr Bullen is our Head of Cricket. In this role he organises and coaches all age groups within the School. Mr Bullen is an ECB Level 3 coach and worked for Surrey Cricket Development from 1992 to 2014. As a player, he represented England U19’s in 1982 before becoming a professional cricketer with Surrey CCC from 1983-1991, receiving his County Cap in 1990. Mr Bullen is also a FA Level 1 Football Coach and had 2 years on schoolboy terms at Chelsea FC.
Mr Lawry (Head of Basketball)
- Mr Lawry is our Head of Basketball. As a Level-3 England Basketball qualified coach he also runs Roehampton University’s basketball programme, alongside his important role as an assistant coach for the London Lions in the top flight of professional British basketball. As a player he represented Brixton Topcats as a junior, alongside a number of present NBA and European stars, prior to competing in the English National Division One as a senior.
Mr Karamath (Strength and Conditioning Coach)
- Mr Karamath is our Strength and Conditioning Coach. He is a Level 3 Personal Trainer, and also holds qualifications in Nutrition Weight Management, Torso - core stability and lower back pain management, and as a Circuit trainer. Outside of School he is a personal trainer and plays football for the Old Wilsonians 1st XI. Mr Karamath represented Surrey U’18’s and the Amateur Football Association (AFA) team. He also completed the London to Paris Cycling race.
Mr Fry (Cricket Coach)
- Mr Fry is one of our Cricket coaches. He is an ECB level 3 Performance coach, Head coach at Sutton Cricket Club, and also a Performance coach for Surrey County Cricket Club. Mr Fry played representative cricket for the Surrey Championship, Surrey Cricket Board and the Club Cricket Conference and was selected to tour Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and West Indies. He scored 18,000 1st X1 runs in the Surrey Championship league.
Mr Cowton (Football Coach)
- Mr Cowton is one of our Football coaches who gained a Sports Science degree from the University of Chichester. He is currently a Level 2 coach, and hopes to obtain his UEFA B badge in the near future. Outside of Wilson’s, Mr Cowton is the Head Coach at Mitcham Park FC, and his coaching experience range from disability football to elite youth internationals at a multinational summer school.
Mr Fear (Football Coach)
- Mr Fear is one of our Football coaches. He is an FA Level 2 coach, and also works at local clubs Carshalton Athletic and Sutton United. Mr Fear was a professional and semi-professional footballer for 17 seasons, playing in the Premier League, Championship, League 1 and Conference! He played for Wimbledon, Oxford United, Crawley Town, Sutton United, Havant and Waterlooville, Kettering Town and Carshalton Athletic. His biggest achievement was representing England at U21 level on 3 occasions.
Mr Wilde (Football Coach)
- Mr Wilde is one of our Football coaches. He is a UEFA A Licenced Coach, a qualification he gained at St. Georges Park. Mr Wilde is experienced to a high level in coaching & managing at Ryman/Bostik & CCL leagues with clubs such as Leatherhead, Carshalton Athletic, Cobham, Redhill & South Park. He has an excellent reputation as a scholar of Football, an excellent team builder, who coaches interactive and challenging sessions.