Wilson's School

Pupil Support

Please note that the school accepts no responsibility for the content of sites outside Wilson’s School.



ChildLine is the free, 24-hour helpline for children and young people in the UK. Children and young people can call their helpline on 0800 1111 about any problem, at any time, day or night. It is completely confidential. This number does not show up on telephone bills.


If something's troubling you, then get in touch. We're here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We help you talk things through and we keep everything confidential. Call 116 123.



The Lesbian and Gay Foundation Helpline

can provide all kinds of advice and assistance; a quarter of all their calls are issues related to coming out. For support and guidance call 0845 3 30 30 30 10.00 am – 10.00 pm.


Stonewall This free service can answer your questions about gay rights. Call 08000 50 20 20 Mon – Fri, 9.30 am – 5.30 pm.



This organisation provides a helpline for young people aged 12-20 who have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
020 7403 0888
10am – 10pm, daily

Alcohol Concern

This organisation has lots of information and advice on drinking and alcohol related problems on its website.

National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACOA)

This organisation has a free helpline for children of alcoholics, which provides listening, advice and links with other services. It also offers help to children who are concerned about their parent’s use of drugs and provides advice and information to professionals.
0800 358 3456
9.30am – 7pm, Mon – Fri


Child Bereavement Trust

If you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a loved one, you can contact the Child Bereavement Trust for support and advice.
01494 446648

Hope Again

The Cruse Bereavement Centre has a youth website, or you can call their youth helpline.
0808 808 1677, Monday - Friday 9:30am - 5pm


Bullying Online

This site provides email advice about bullying, and tries to respond to all emails within 24 hours. To email Bullying Online, click here. Visit the Bullying Online website.

For further advice and to report instances of cyberbullying, go to Think You Know.


Need2Know is an online resource for young people, providing links to some of the most useful websites on the internet.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) Use

CEOP to report anyone who has spoken to you inappropriately online. It may be sexual chat, being asked to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or someone being insistent on meeting up.


The National Drugs Helpline

offers information and advice to anyone in the UK concerned about drugs. The 24-hour service is free and confidential.
0800 776600: 24-hour, daily

Domestic Violence

The Hideout

The Hideout is a national website that gives support to children and young people living with domestic violence, or to those who may want to help a friend. The site informs children and young people about domestic violence and helps them identify whether it is happening in their home.

Parents Separating

Separated Families Matter

This site contains straightforward information and advice if your parents are splitting up.


Childline is a free 24-hour counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday in the UK provided by the NSPCC. Childline deals with any issue which causes distress or concern, common issues dealt with include child abuse, bullying, mental illness, parental separation or divorce, pregnancy and substance misuse.

My Family's Splitting Up

National Family Mediation is a website that offers advice for young people whose families are splitting up.

National Youth Advocacy Programme

NYAS offers advice, information, support and representation to any child or young person who wants to have their wishes and feelings taken into account when decisions are made about them. NYAS is committed to working towards full implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and in particular Article 12 which concerns the right of every young person to be consulted in all matters affecting them.
You can contact them on a Freephone number 0800 616 101, or email [email protected]

Health Advice

The following are useful websites giving general health advice:
Teenage health freak
Need 2 know

Mental Health

YoungMinds is the children’s mental health charity. Its website has lots of help and advice about how to deal with depression, anxiety and different kinds of feelings and emotions.


Through SANELINE, SANE provides information and emotional support to those experiencing mental health problems, their families and carers.
0845 767 8000



Whizz-Kidz is a national charity that provides customised mobility equipment to disabled children and young people to increase their independence and improve the quality of life for them and their families. Whizz-Kidz is also dedicated to providing help and advice to the children and their families and raising awareness of mobility-related issues through national campaigning.



Sexwise is a free and confidential helpline on sex, relationships and contraception for young people in the UK.

0800 282930
7am to 12 midnight daily





Are you gambling more than you really want? Is someone you know gambling too much? Need someone to talk to about how gambling makes you feel? The GamCare Helpline provides confidential advice, information and emotional support throughout Great Britain to anyone experiencing problems with gambling. Call us on 0808 8020 133, 8.00 am to midnight, seven days a week.

Young Carers

Young carers are children or young people under 18 who are looking after someone who is sick or disabled.
Contact [email protected] or 020 7480 7788